- How to Care for Aging Parents: A One-Stop Resource for All Your Medical, FInancial, Housing, and Emotional Issues. Virginia Morris.
This book has been featured on Oprah and Good Morning America. It is a comprehensive resource for families navigating eldercare as well as a valuable guide for the caregiver as well.
- Losing You Parents, Finding Your Self. Victoria Secunda.
This book explores what happens to us as children when one or both of our parents die. Reading this book will create an opening to think, reflect and ponder the journey of a parent-adult child relationship.
- Grandparenting: Renew, Relive, Rejoice: 52 Ways to Mindfully Connect and Grow with Your Grandkids. Pam Siegel & Leslie Zinberg
A wonderful guide for both parents and grandparents around the practice of mindfulness. It contains 52 mindfulness practices which promote positive, fulfilling relationships between grandparents and grandchildren.
- Striped Shirts and Flowered Pants. Barbara Schnurbush
A delightful story for young children about Alzhemer’s Disease. The book also includes notes for parents to help them explain to children about the disease.
- Granny Can’t Remember Me: A Children’s Book About Alzheimer’s. Susan McCormick.
A story about Alzheimer’s Disease told from the perspective of a young boy. The focus of the book is on the grandmother’s limited memory but also on her ability to share her “Three Best Days” story. Delightful!
If this was helpful to you, you may want to consider the Big Book of Tools and or the Pocket Guide of Tools for more strategies to help your child deal with their stuff, time and information. Check out www.michelleporjes.org for information about ordering.